Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!

We had a very happy New Year in Duluth this year. We left Fargo on Friday night and came back last night. Adam travels so well, the car puts him right to sleep. It is a bit of a pain to travel because even though Adam is small, he needs a lot of stuff. Although, both our parents help with that and we love them for it.

On Saturday, we got to sleep in a little and then for my parent's 30th wedding anniversary we had professional family photos taken. Adam got a little fussy, but I think we managed to get some good shots. Saturday night we had a very nice family Christmas with my parents, brother, Granny, Papa, Uncle Dave and my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Sue who were visiting from Colorado.
Adam got a very special gift from his great Papa. It is a Mother Goose book that was given to him by his mother back in the Christmas of 1930! That book is over 77 years old.



Adam is modeling his colorful hat the his great Aunt Sue knit him.

My birthday was on Sunday. (Who knew! :) ) It was one of the best birthdays I can remember. First of all, I got to wake up to this cute face playing on his daddy's belly, and then it was off for a full day of shopping.

That night my mom (the best pie maker in the world) gave Erika and I a pie tutorial. She showed us how to make our own crust, and how to do a nice lattice on our pies.

Not to bad for my first pie!

On New Years Eve we visited family, and then Joel, Erika, Ryan and I went out. We stayed at the South Pier Inn in Duluth and had a very nice meal at the Top of the Harbor revolving restaurant. Mom and Dad watched Adam for us, so we had our first night of uninterrupted sleep in 4 1/2 months. Ryan and I still found ourselves waking up at Adam's normal midnight feeding times, but it was nice to just be able to go back to sleep.

Check out the view from the outside of our hotel room.

New Years Day was another great day with friends and family. My parents had their annual chop suey (did I spell that right?) feed which lead, of course, to the a game of pass the baby. Adam was a very good baby. He had a smile for everyone. The day was short because we did have to leave for Fargo that night. Did I mention how much I dislike loading our car. Anyway, I do have some great video from the weekend, so that will be coming shortly. Good night!

No comments: