Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend in the cities.

We crammed in a lot of stuff in a short amount of time this weekend. We left for Minneapolis on Saturday morning we picked Erika up to take along after talking her into it at 9:00 pm the night before. We first met up with Eric, Denise and Evan Schmidt for a afternoon on the lake. Adam got to take his first boat ride. He did OK, but he really didn't like his life jacket. We went out to an island so the boys could play on the swings and so we could grill out. We had a great time, and had beautiful weather. After quickly checking into hotel we ran to the game and made just in time to see the second pitch (we were a little late). The Twins lost to the Yankees after putting in a good 13 inning effort. Adam was wired the entire time. He just wouldn't settle down with all the excitement going on around him. He crashed hard on the ride back to the hotel.
Sunday was another beautiful day. We all went to the Como Zoo for the morning. We all had a great time looking at the animals, rides and Adam and I got to take a fun carousel ride. On the way out of town, we had to stop to pick up more formula for Adam because I, like a dummy, forgot to pack enough. We stopped at a local Cub foods and I looked all over for the formula. Guess where I found it, behind the counter in a case next to the cigarettes, so after asking the lady to get me a can (she didn't even check my ID) we hit the road for home. We did make a short stop in Albertville for some quick shopping. When we finally got home, Adam was very excited to be free from the car seat. We chased him around for about two hours before he wore himself out enough to go to sleep. He slept hard and today was fully recovered from the full weekend.
A rare smile from Adam in his life jacket.
Denise and Evan enjoying the boat ride

Adam trying to get on TV.

Rikki, Meeks and I. It was totally not planned that we would all be at this game this weekend.

The famous butts of A Rod and Derek Jeter

Even A Rod can't keep his hands off

If I were an animal I would definatly be a giraffe.


Adam enjoying his first carousel ride!

All pooped out from the busy weekend.

No comments: