Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stay in Mississippi

I never thought I'd say this, but Brett, enough is enough. I've been a fan of yours for almost half my life. There's been good times (Super Bowl XXXI) and there's been bad times as well (4-12, need I say more). We went through three (if not more) years of questioning whether or not you would retire, until you decided to walk away in March. You cried in front of the whole nation. You left after one of your best seasons and after setting numerous records. Everyone would have welcomed you back with open arms had you decided to stick around for one more year. Your team would have been one of the favorites from the NFC to head to the Super Bowl, but you gave that up when you decided to hang up your shoes. Now you come back and put your team in a no win situation. Don't force Ted Thompson into this decision. Don't put your Green Bay legacy at risk. As much as Brett Favre will always mean the Packers, you're not bigger than the team.

You made split second decisions on the field, although not always the best, and stuck with them. Stick with your decision you made in March. Let us remember the good times (and there were many) and not that you were a baby and tried to force the Packer's hand. Brett, thanks for the memories, but I'm ready to move on. You will be my favorite player of all time. Forever you will be spoken of as one of the all time greats, and someday I'll be able to tell my son stories of what it was like watching you, but that being said, I don't want to see you in any other colors than green and yellow (especially not purple) and I'm ready to see what Rodgers can bring to the table.

No comments: