Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Belated

Happy belated Thanksgiving, and happy belated birthday to my brother (my old 30 year old brother). We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Joel and Erika's again this year. It has kind of become our little tradition now. My parents made it up for the weekend to get their Adam fix in and to babysit for us as Ryan and I both had to work last weekend.


These past couple weeks has been about keeping my head above water. I started my new job last week, the school work keeps coming in, and Adam is running everywhere and getting into everything. I still must admit he is the best part of my day. No matter how stressful work and school are he can always get me to smile. Tonight I was feeling very run down from the week, so I was being lazy, sitting around watching TV and Adam just toddled on up to me (without even a book), sat on my lap and nuzzled in. The stress of my week was gone right there. I must also give credit where credit is due. Ryan has been, as always, super dad and super husband, taking care of Adam while I am at class or doing homework. He also spoils me by cooking and cleaning.

Anyway, today we actually got a fair amount of snow here in Fargo. When I got home from work I was very excited to get Adam all bundled up in his new boots and snow pants and see what he thought of the snow. He wasn't quite sure about it at first. He was a little unsteady in his boots and he couldn't walk very well with all of the extra bulk. We got him outside and he had a big smile, he then took about 5 steps and then face planted it right into the snow. Of course he couldn't get back onto his feet very well, and I sure the cold of the snow shocked him so down come the tears. We did get him to cheer up for just enough time to get a picture an a short video, but his time playing in the snow did not last very long.


No comments: