Well, we have made our official move down to Omaha. We traded in our 5 bed 2 bath house and are settling into our new 3 bed 2 bath apartment. All in all the transition has gone more than smooth. I will give you all the updates, starting with...
Adam: He is our Omaha rock star. Little Grandma and Grandpa came down with us to help get him settled and to keep him busy while Ryan and I got the apartment set up. The transition would not have gone as easy without them. We really appreciated their help. He has already gone through his first week at his new preschool and absolutely loves it. On the first day, he looked at me and asked "so what do I do?" I told him to go in and make new friends. So he walked right in and up to the first teacher he could find and introduced himself. It has been smooth sailing ever since. It is actually hard to get him to want to leave at the end of the day.
Ryan: He took a job as a driver with U.S. Foods. The job started last Wednesday and has been going well so far. It was a huge blessing to find out that Ryan was going to have a job moving down here. It definitely lowered our stress level. He is very excited about our upcoming trip to Kansas City to watch his precious Packers take on the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. It was a little bit of an early Christmas present.
Robin: I started my new job on Monday. The first weeked was filled with orientation and tours of the new facility. My new coworkers are great and I do not think I will have any trouble getting settling in and started on my programs. It will be a challenge as the facility is over twice the size of Fargo's, but I am excited to see where this opportunity takes me. Socially, Ryan and I have been able to hang out a couble times with friends Mike and Jamie who we knew from college. They have been in the area for 6 years and have been a great reference for us in navigating the area.
I have lots of pictures from the move. These next few will give you a tour of our new place with some before and after shots, as well as some new ones of our little Cornhusker. ;)
The dining room before. 
and after 
The living room before 
and after 
and after
1 comment:
Looks like it's business as usual in Omaha! Unless you're using a wide angle lens, it looks like a nice sized apartment. So glad the move went well and you are all settled. By the look on Adam's face, he's made the adjustment well. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about all your future Omaha adventures! LYMY
Post a Comment