Sunday, June 14, 2009

Redhawks and tantrums

We dealt with Adam's first real tantrum today. We were getting supper ready and I was entertaining Adam with bubbles. When supper was ready I took the bubbles away and a meltdown happened. Adam was lying on the floor crying/screaming and kicking his legs. I was a little in shock, because he has never done anything like that before. I didn't really intervene. He eventually stopped, and was just lying there pouting. He agreed to get in his high chair and after he got some food in his belly he was better. He was still a little touchy, and quick to get upset, but if my poor butt was as red as his I might be too. Hopefully a good night sleep will make him feel better.

Last night, however, Adam was on his best behavior. We took him to a Redhawks game with Rikki and Joel, and he had a great time. He was so excited about the mascot. He kept pointing him out and saying "birdie, birdie, birdie! Where birdie go?" When he finally go to meet Hawkeye, he was all of a sunden very shy, but he did give him a high five. He sat so well in the stands. He clapped, sang and charmed everyone around him. There was a small incident where he took part of his hot dog bun and threw it in the lady's hair in front of us. We sincerely apologized, and she seemed to be ok with it.
Adam wearing daddy's hat.
"Where birdie go?"
Go Redhawks!
Adam and Ryan with Hawkeye.
All tired out after the game.
11 days and counting!

No comments: