Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Braving the weather

We decided to brave some pretty bad weather on Saturday and make the journey to Minot to visit Grandma and Grandpa Fried. It was all worth it when we were greeted in Minot with an Olympic themed dinner. Sonya is a very good and creative cook!

Itwas a fun filled weekend for all of us. Ryan and I randomly decided to purchase a treadmill from one of Sonya's coworkers. We got a really good deal and are looking forward to having this option at home. I guess that means I have no more excuses for not exercising (or I will just have to work harder at making some up).

Adam got to learn some new things from his grandparents this weekend. Warren imparted his knowledge of bowling to his grandson. Adam actually managed to bowl a 65 with the help of bumpers. He was pretty excited about it. Here is grandpa Warren showing him some tricks.
Sonya passed on some of her creativity, helping Adam with a painting project. He really wanted to paint penguins, so now Sonya has about 10 penguin pictures on her fridge.
Our budding artist
Lucky for us, Adam has decided to keep his clothes on at night so we no longer have to pin down his zipper to keep him in clothes. More importantly, we get to put him into cuter pajamas, instead of the same four zip up sleepers. Our little guy is getting so big (2 1/2 years on Valentine's Day).

1 comment:

Gramma Cathy said...

Great update. Tell Adam I like penguins too!!!!! LYMY