Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Let the crazy subside

Life has been a little crazy this last week. To start with, I had a major inspection at work. I had been preparing for this inspection for months and was looking forward to it finally being over. This inspection was a complete review of the emergency management program at our facility and a program that takes up at least 75% of my work day. Needless to say I was a key player in this inspection. Well, as my luck would have it I was summoned to appear for jury duty the same day my inspection was set to start. I quickly briefed my alternates to take over, hoping that I would only have to show up and not be selected to actually sit on the jury. No such luck. Out of a pool of 50 candidates, I was 1 of 10 to be chosen to sit on the actual jury. So I spent last week in a jury box instead of overseeing the inspection I had spent so much time preparing for. I managed to get in some early mornings and later evenings with the inspectors but missed out on the bulk of it. In the end, the inspection went well, with no big surprises.

Fulfilling my civic duty was actually pretty interesting. It was a civil case which made the witnesses a little boring, but the whole process was very educational. At the end of the case, the jury was unanimous in our vote in favor of the defendant. The deliberation was very short as everyone felt the decision was obvious. I think that was my biggest fear. With 10 strangers in a room, all with a different background, I was nervous that we would not all be on the same page.

After the busy week, we headed into a busy weekend. We packed up and headed to Worthington, MN to be the proud sponsors at the baptism of Aaron and Tanya's beautiful baby girl. Despite the rain, it was a beautiful weekend. Tanya's family were wonderful hosts to everyone who came down. They live on a small farm and Adam had a great time running around and petting the horses, goats, chickens and dogs. He crashed with all the exercise and fresh air. He could not even stay awake for the bonfire and s'mores. Don't worry, I ate a couple for him.

Adam posing with Al and Craig while playing some ladder golf.
Almost a farm boy.
A rare family picture.
Adam looks way to old in this picture. When did my baby boy get some big?
Both my boys all dressed up.
The whole baptism team.
Ryan and I with our Goddaughter, Claire Edna Beseler.

No comments: