Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Slow progress...

Well our basement is still not put together, but there is progress happening. We decided to take advantage of our flooring being gone to do some painting. Ryan and I could really only decided on one paint color for the bathroom so I guess the other rooms will have to wait. I now have a room in my house that is not white!

My parents came to town this weekend. They were diverted to a hotel while we are going through the basement stuff. I offered them a chance to stay at our house, but in the end they decided they would be more comfortable at a hotel, instead of sleeping on a mattress in my dining room.

We managed to pack in a lot of activities in over the weekend to keep us out of the mess that is our house. One of the activities was golfing. Ryan, my Dad and I went and played 9 holes and I discovered my love for the sport. I am by no means good, but I still managed to kick my husband's butt and even beat my dad on one hole.

Our little fish really enjoyed the hotel pool!

Getting some good cuddle time in with grandpa.
In and effort to stay out of the house, we took a trip to the zoo and enjoyed the sunny weather.
I love baby peacocks. With the exception of giraffes, they are my favorite animal.
Feeding the ducks
Adam is still very afraid of the carousel, however he will always ride it in a last ditch effort to not leave the zoo. As soon as we tell him it time to leave he always asks to ride the horses. What actually happens is we sit on the bench while he clings on for dear life. This time it was grandma he held on to.

No comments: