What we came to was a completely different story. Monday night I finally decided to get around to doing the weekend laundry. I was met at the bottom of my stairs with a squish. Over the weekend our sump pump stopped working and our entire basement was soaked. So Ryan and I spent the rest of Monday night (and into Tuesday morning) moving everything out of the basement. I now know why I have home owners insurance. The cleaning guys came first thing Tuesday morning and ripped out all the carpet padding, drilled holes in the walls, and set up about 8 dehumidifiers and 20 fans to dry everything out. The fans have to be on constantly for the next 3 days so not only is my house disorganized, it is really loud. There are only three rooms that are somewhat livable. On the positive side once we pay the deductible, insurance is covering everything, the new pads and flooring, and the few damaged items that we had. We were lucky in that we had very little damage to our personal items. So with our time on the lake, both the one with the sailboats and the one in our basement, we had a very wet weekend.
Ryan and Adam on Grandpa Fried's "big boat" as Adam calls it.
No comments:
Post a Comment