Monday, October 1, 2007

Full weekend...

I'd like to start out by congratulating my two favorite football teams in green and gold for them both remaining undefeated this week. And special props to football immortality, number four himself, for throwing his 421st and 422nd touchdowns to surpass Dan Marino for the most career touchdowns. Might I add he couldn't have picked a better team to set this mark against. I only wish Randy Moss would've been an option to throw to.

Sometimes it surprises me as to how much you can actually do in a weekend. We travelled to eastern Minnesota this weekend and visited all sorts of relatives. Friday night we drove to Grand Rapids and stayed with my Aunt Cheri and Uncle Terry. This was my first time visiting them since they moved from a wonderful house in Walker. I was surprised to find a similar house with an even better view. They were all decked out and had everything we needed for Adam because of their own grandchildren. Cheri cooked her famous pork chops for a wonderful late supper and we all stayed up late talking. Saturday morning my cousin Carmen came by with her two boys, Scott and Nick. Scott is 4, I believe, and Nick is 6 months so he and Adam will be very close in age. We had a lot of fun with all of them. So much fun, in fact, that we didn't leave for Duluth until after 12:30 even though we planned on being in Duluth by noon.

Upon arriving in Duluth, we went to visit Robin's grandfather in the hospital so Adam could meet his Great Grandfather (who I think Adam looks like). We then proceeded to Grandma and Grandpa Childs for supper with Great Granny, Slightly Above Average Uncle Dave, Wayne and Robin, and Patti (friends of the family's). Since Papa was released from the hospital on Sunday afternoon, we all went over to Granny and Papa's for some more family time. Even Uncle Dan and his girlfriend Liz joined in on the festivities. Of course we have many fun pictures for you from our weekend adventure.

Carmen's oldest son Scott. Don't call him cute, he's tough!


Scott showing off his scary Halloween costume.

Adam playing with his cousin Nick. Not quite sure what to make of each other.

Nick is working on cutting his first tooth.

Four generations for the Clovers


Adam with his slightly above average Uncle Dave :)

Great Granny and Papa enjoying their new grandson

Adam with Uncle Dan and girlfriend Liz. (Happy Birthday to Liz on Friday!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. It is nice seeing so many family pictures from one weekend! I'm glad Adam finally got to meet his other great grandparents, it looks like a happy group! I know how much Ryan loves Cheri's cooking so you lucked out again Ryan with the pork chops. I'm sure Adam enjoyed all the attention this weekend.